Translate

miércoles, 9 de abril de 2014

File:Portrait miniature fanny brawn.jpg
Waterpainting of Fanny Brawne
Fanny was Mr. Keats one true love until the day he died, she went with him to Rome, the place where Mr. Keats died.



Mr. Keats himself wrote in one of his love letters to Fanny Brawne:

"My love has made me selfish. I cannot exist without you – I am forgetful of every thing but seeing you again – my Life seems to stop there – I see no further. You have absorb'd me. I have a sensation at the present moment as though I was dissolving – I should be exquisitely miserable without the hope of soon seeing you ... I have been astonished that Men could die Martyrs for religion – I have shudder'd at it – I shudder no more – I could be martyr'd for my Religion – Love is my religion – I could die for that – I could die for you."

"Write to George as soon as you receive this, and tell him how I am, as far as you can guess; - and also a note to my sister - who walks about my imagination like a ghost - she is so like Tom. I can scarcely bid you good bye even in a letter. I always made an awkward bow."

-letter to Charles Brown

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario